Browse Items (64 total)

1010 Lake Avenue
Edgetown Motors automobile dealership was located at the intersection of Route 14 (now Lake Avenue) and Route 47. The signs outside and inside are all for Hudson automobiles. Edgetown became a Studebaker dealer around 1950. Note the…

Shows the east side of the Square after a snowstorm sometime before the fire of 1872. Garvis Blakeslee began his business after 1866. Whitson's & Sons Hardware and Stoves came to Woodstock in 1854. The fire of 1872 started in the Whitson's store,…

One of the oldest known photos of the Square
John Medlar came to Woodstock in 1856; his studio was on the third story of the Hoy Block
Back of photo says "before Civil War"
"The first building from the left is the old Exchange Hotel, which stood…

The Dacy Lumber Company purchased the Presbyterian Church on Church & Jefferson and removed the front entrance and steeple. It was used for storage.

This photo is labeled "Sight [sic] of Dacy Lumber-corner Church and Jefferson about 1920s" while…

This view from Medlar Studio's window (100 Cass) shows T. J. Dacy & Co. Carriage and Implement Dealer on East Judd Street. Behind the building it is possible to see the old church (ID 50) with its steeple missing that had been sold to Dacy Brothers…

This Medlar photo of the Courthouse and Sheriff's House is dated by the parking meters (after 1947) and the style of street lights (before 1954).
Early morning sunlight casts shadows of nearly leafless branches on the buildings.
The front entrance…

335 N. Eastwood Drive
Botts first appears in the 1948 City Directory
Photo shows water tower and standpipe
Could be dated by the automobile and truck in front

Taken the same day as Automobile Club on Main Street 1910 (Item #59: "Automobile Club on Main Street 1910") this photo shows different buildings on the west side of Main Street. All are wood frame buildings and have been demolished and now house the…

Six identical white Buick Model 10 Runabouts (1908-1910) and one dark Buick Model C (from 1905) are lined up in front of 217 Main Street. Names listed on the back of the photo include: Frank Wattles, Charles Thorne, Ray Beardsley, Bob Sharp, Fred and…

B. S. Austin began his grocery in 1881 then moved into this new Kendall Block in 1883. He remained in the grocery business here until his death in 1916 when his son took over the business.
He stands to the left of his door while his son Garry…

5 photos in this file

The article in the incorrectly dated November 7, 1918 Woodstock Sentinel tells the story of the spontaneous celebration when the news of the Armistice in Europe was announced on November 11, 1918. These 5 photos, taken from…

A companion to 'Aerial Photo Looking North From Railroad Tracks 1950' this aerial photo shows the Square from the railroad tracks, southwest on South Street to Woodstock High School, southeast Dean street to about Kimball, northwest to West Judd and…

A companion to 'Aerial Photo of Square Looking South' that shows the Square, this photo has Washington Street on the bottom, the Chicago Northwestern Railroad tracks above that, the Autolite manufacturing plant with the city Power Plant to the left.…

Built for A. B. McConnell in 1894; plaqued house; southwest corner of South and Jefferson.

The library has glass negatives of the McConnell family photos in File Cabinet 6.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2